Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 2:

Meal Plan:
B: 1 cup Cheerios
3/4 cup 2% Milk (I just can't do skim!!)
1 Orange

L: Cheddar & Broccoli Potato
Progresso Vegetable Soup

D: Turkey Taco Bake (recipe taken from www.thatsmyhome.com)
w/ reduced fat cheese & all the fixings
Spanish Rice.

S: 1 Vanilla Skinny Cow (I buy generic Target brand, taste the same for about 1 dollar difference!)
1 12oz. can Coke

Water Goal: 8 8oz. glasses or refilling my 16.9oz. water bottle 4 times.

Total Points: 25

I'm feeling pretty good about today's meal plan. Obviously, the can of coke shouldn't be on here but, I'm trying to take myself off caffeine slowly, otherwise, I burn and crash horribly.

The rest of day one went well. Between Lunch & Dinner I got fairly hungry but I snacked on some cucumber, cherry tomatoes & Celery with some French Dressing (4pnts). Josh even came home with my sub from subway just the way I wanted it and at 7pnts, it was delicious!

I also found out that I can do workouts from my cable box & I've never been so excited in my life. I'm personally, not an "active" person. I like being outside but I like knowing that I'm not exercising. I also don't like working out alone so I'm hoping that the ability to do it in my own house, in the humid Minnesota summer will help with that. Speaking of which, the Minnesota State Fair is coming up and I have a huge feeling that I'm going to crash and burn on my diet that day. I can't not help but eat Corn On The Cob (not so bad), French Fries (mhmm...), or Sweet Martha's Cookies (they only come around once a year).

Josh has been more than supportive of my dieting, which makes this even easier. I'm normally pretty conscious about what I eat, my problem is how much I eat. I'm more than willing to eat vegetables & fruit..but I can go through all of it in one sitting. My goal is to be more aware of how much I'm eating and why I'm eating which is why I've started reading again. Smokers have the problem where if their not doing something with their hands, they need to smoke. I'm the same way with food. I could sit and blog all day and eat & eat & eat but with reading I get so immersed in the world I'm reading about nothing else matters. So let's hope that makes me snack less & shrink my stomach.

Okay, I think that's all for right now. Anyone else excited for Top Chef Masters tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment